about the library of the Horlivka Institute of Foreign Languages
Donbass State Pedagogical University
The library of the Horlivka Institute of Foreign Languages of the State Pedagogical University is a teaching and auxiliary, informational, scientific, cultural and educational structural subdivision of the institute, which provides fast and convenient access to all resources, provides organizational and methodological principles of physical preservation of information carriers. Material and technical base, modern means of internal and external communication, means of sound and visual information, provide a qualitatively new level of organization of the library.
The history of the library is closely connected with the history of the institute. The library was founded in 1949, the year when the Bila Tserkva Teachers' Training Institute was founded. During the reorganization of the Bila Tserkva Institute in 1953, the library was transferred to the Horlivka State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages. In 1954, during the disbandment of the Dnipropetrovsk Institute of Foreign Languages, the university library was partially transferred to the GIIM.
The founders of the library were the head of the Muraveynik Nadezhda Titovna, a participant in hostilities, a veteran of the Great Patriotic War, who managed the library for 20 years, and senior bibliographer Gavrilenko Anna Ivanovna, who is the compiler of the first scientific and bibliographic index "Scientific works" .). In 1967, when the new building of the institute was built, the library was located in this building on an area of 402 m2. At that time, the book fund was already 106 thousand copies. The library was used by more than 1,000 readers. There were 12 librarians working in the library.
According to the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine № 1242 of 31.10.2014, the Horlivka Institute of Foreign Languages of Donbas State Pedagogical University was moved to Artemivsk until the end of the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine. As the institute was forced to leave its valuables in the temporarily occupied Horlivka during the relocation, cooperation and lease agreements were concluded with the Bakhmut Central Library. The management of the institute is actively working on the problems of arrangement of new educational areas, placement of teachers, staff and students, solves the issue of organizing proper conditions of study and life. Despite the difficulties, the work of the library, headed by Victoria Piskun, was restored.
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko Institute, Vinnytsia State Pedagogical University named after Mykhailo Kotsyubynsky, University of Taras Shevchenko took part in the development of the library and replenishment of its fund. Francois Rabelais (France), Resource Center for English Teachers at the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy under the auspices of the US Embassy in Ukraine and the Belgian Embassy in Ukraine; Scientific Library of Cherkasy National University named after B. Khmelnytsky and the Scientific Library of the National University.
This year, the library fund has been significantly replenished with popular science, journalism, fiction and periodicals at its own expense, as well as with the support of the US diaspora, the Pilipenko, Webber and Koltso families.
According to the types of publications, the library fund includes books, abstracts of dissertations, diploma and master's theses. Together with educational, scientific, reference literature in the fund of the library are stored educational and methodical, scientific collections, which are the products of the publishing house of the institute.
The library has alphabetical and systematic catalogs and a systematic card index of articles. A scientometric database has been created.
The main sources of information support for teachers and students of higher education are library funds and electronic media.
The following periodicals are available in the library of the Horlivka Institute of Foreign Languages:
- English language and literature.
- English. Everything for the tutor.
- Higher education in Ukraine.
- Foreign languages.
- Foreign literature at school.
- German language at school.
- Ukrainian language and literature at school.
- Ukrainian pedagogical journal.
- The Day.
- The French language.
- The Kyiv Post.
- The Ukrainian Journal of Business Law.
The work is aimed at creating an electronic reading room and recreation area for all visitors to the library (Lounge area), the museum of the student community and to hold library talks.
The library has the following structure:
- Department of acquisition and scientific processing of literature;
2. Reader service department with divisions:
• subscription to educational, scientific and fiction literature;
• reading room;
• sector of cultural and educational work.
3. Reference and bibliographic department;
4. Resource Center of the US Embassy in Ukraine;
5. Resource Center of the Goethe Institute.
TO THE SERVICES OF USERS
- universal book fund;
• fund of educational literature;
• fund of domestic and foreign periodicals;
• fund of literature in foreign languages;
• fund of fiction;
REFERENCE AND SEARCH APPARATUS CONSIST OF:
- alphabetical catalog of Ukrainian publications;
• alphabetical catalog of Russian publications;
• systematic catalog;
• systematic catalog of dissertation abstracts;
• alphabetical catalog of periodicals;
• systematic card index of articles from periodicals and collections of scientific papers.
TO THE SERVICES OF LIBRARY USERS
• reading room with laptops and Wi-Fi technology;
• reference and bibliographic department.
THE LIBRARY PROVIDES SUCH SERVICES
- access to the Internet via PC;
• customer service through a personal subscription;
• qualified help of a bibliographer;
• UDC indexing of documents.
- Qualified bibliographers will help you compile a bibliographic description of the publication, a list of literature for scientific work, perform bibliographic references: set the year and place of publication, publishing house where the book was published, what literature on a particular topic was published in the last year, provide information about events, dates .
- You have the right to an individual information service: to receive notifications of new arrivals on a certain topic at your request.
- scientific and auxiliary indexes;
• recommended lists of literature;
• bibliographic reviews of literature;
• information publications.
THE LIBRARY CONDUCTS
- thematic book exhibitions;
• exhibitions of new arrivals;
• information days, bibliography days, mass educational events with the participation of students;
• tours of the library.
The library works:
Tuesday-Saturday from 08:00 to 19:00
Tuesday-Saturday from 08:00 to 19:00
Weekend - Sunday, Monday
Sanitary day is the last working day of the month